Saturday 4 September 2010

Is Matte the new black? - Nars Matte Lipsticks

This season has seen the revival of the matte lip, something I am very pleased to hear as I am sick of gloss (my long hair always ends up getting stuck to it, not a good look!).

Always a trendsetter, Nars have just released their new Pure Matte Lipsticks and they are on sale exclusively at Selfridges until the beginning of October.

Nars Pure Matte lipstick Advertising Campaign
I haven't managed to get hold of any of the new Nars Pure Matte Lipsticks but www.lipglossiping.com has some great swatches of the new shades on her fabulous blog.

What I do have is a rather large selection of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. I have always been a fan of the matte lip (I never cared if it was on trend or not), and the Nars jumbo pencils are my favourite. Easy to apply, not chalky and available in some great shades, I wear them almost everyday, with Sex machine my all time favourite colour of lipstick. As the name suggests, it is a sexy, cool toned pinky mauve.

Here are photos and swatches of the 8 shades I have, a reminder that if the matte look is what you are after, the Velvet Matte Pencils are an alternative option to brand's newer lipstick release (and £1 cheaper to).
Nars Velvet Matte lip Pencils: Dolce Vita, Red Square, Forbidden Red, Damned
Swatches: Dolce Vita, Forbidden Red, Red Square, Damned
Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils: Pop Life, Bettina, Sex Machine, Belle de Jour
Swatches: Sex machine, Pop Life, Bettina & Belle de Jour
Unfortunately, the colours in the swatches really don't do the product justice, they look much nicer on the lips (my lips are chapped and horrid at the moment so I chose to apply on the forearm instead). They have a creamy texture and are great to take on a night out for touch ups as they require no skill to apply.

If I do eventually buy one of the new Pure Matte Lipsticks, I will let you know how the 2 formulas compare.

They retail for £17 and be bought online from www.spacenk.com or www.narscosmetics.co.uk.

The new Nars Pure Matte Lipsticks retail for £18 and are available in 4 shades on www.selfridges.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment