Wednesday 25 August 2010

Top 5 August Must-haves & Lust-haves

This will be a regular feature every month, where I list the top 5 beauty products I have been using and the top 5 beauty products I am desperate to get my hands on (it will be hard to restrict it to 5!).



Must-haves
  1. Estee Lauder Pure Gloss Stick in Rose Dusk £17 - the perfect everyday colour with a great finish
  2. Alpha H Daily Essential Moisturiser with SPF 50 £25.50 - essential to protect against aging sun damage
  3. By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush £38 - the secret to subtle, glowy pink cheeks
  4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc -£29 gives a stunning natural finish, your skin but better
  5. Tom Ford Private Blend Lipstick in Pure Pink £35 - crazy price but fantastic pigment & texture



Lust-haves
  1. Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette £27 - 12 of the best neutral, everyday shades
  2. Dior Misty Mauve Eyeshadow Quint £39- I'm on a lifetime mission to collect all the Dior quints in existence, but sadly at this point my collection exists of 1
  3. Burrberry Light Glow Blush in Peony £28 - am under the delusion that it will magically turn me into one of the Burberry models!
  4. Nars Soft Touch Eye Pencil in Palladium (I could add the whole Nars Fall Collection) £17 - used as a base will add a new dimension to all my existing shadows
  5. By Terry Touche Veloutee £29 - I am always on the quest for the perfect under eye concealer and maybe this is it?
So here is my list, what products did you find indispensable this summer and which items are on your wish lists?

Although not in my top 5, my quest for September is to find the ultimate lip balm to soothe my very chapped lips which will only get worse one the central heating comes on. I have tried various different brands but find that most only provide relief for the first 5 minutes and then they promptly disappear. If anyone has any recommendations do let me know, I'm currently considering splashing out on either the Creme de la mer lip balm or By Terry Baume de Rose so if anyone has tried these I'd love to hear how you found them. However, suggestions of cheaper alternatives would be greatly received!

Picture: Burberry Beauty Advertising Campaign by Mario Testino

No comments:

Post a Comment