Sunday 22 August 2010

Chanel Eyeshadow Quad in Enigma - Review & swatches

I couldn't resist this beautiful eyeshadow quad by Chanel last week when I made the trip to my local Chanel counter (which is not that local!) to get my hands on Paradoxal. So here is a closer look at it.


The quad is number 19 and is called Enigma, part of the Chanel Fall Collection 2010 that was released on Friday 13th August. Perfect for creating a smokey looks, it consists of a shimmery peach, a dark taupe, a blackened plum and a charcoal grey. All 4 shades have a shimmer to them. For the swatches, the shadows were applied dry but obviously they could be applied wet for more intensity. Unfortunately, the peach shade doesn't show up that well in the photo because it is very similar to my natural skin tone.


From left to right the colours are:

Charcoal Grey
Blackened Plum
Dark Taupe
Shimmery Peach









Although the colours are not groundbreaking, I adore this palette because they are just the shades I have been looking for to create an easy yet sophisticated look as Autumn draws near. I have been wearing the lightest colour all over the eye and then the plum colour as a liner for day. For the evening, I have used the grey and taupe on the lid and crease with the plum applied wet as liner. The peach colour makes a great highlighter for underneath the brow bone and in the inner corners of the eye.

The great thing about the palette is that the colours are fairly neutral, they would be hard to class as either warm or cool. Although I feel that the Collection as a whole is probably more suited to those with cooler undertones, I think that this palette would suit everyone.

However, I would recommend before buying that you dig out your exisiting eyeshadows because it is quite possible that you may already have a few of these shades, in which case it is probably not worth spending £34 for maybe one unique colour. I have a lot of Bobbi Brown neutrals but the Chanel quad is deeper in tone than these, but I think if you own a lot of Dior quints then you may be at risk of duplicating.


If, like me, you have fallen hook, line and sinker for the whole Chanel Fall look, then this palette is worth the money as it will tie in with any other products you buy from the collection. When my bank balance has recovered from from my latest haul, I look forward to trying the shadows with the eyeliner in Cassis, the new blushers and the latest Rouge Coco in Chintz.

No comments:

Post a Comment